We are testing a desing created for distributed venues with Instant cluesters connected through VPN to a centralized authentication site for EAP auth and an Airwave. Apart from the authentication each site will have its own captive portal for guest wifi and also client wifi.
The client is requesting to test different types of profiling with the instant clusters and we are testing them with a FreeRadius. We might be able to offer a ClearPass or a controller based remote sites solution but for pricing purposes we would try to get as much as possible without them.
Could anyone please confirm if we can do any of these with freeradius and instant, or if not if we should add a controller and/or a ClearPass:
- Configure a time limit interval for guests for each day
- Configure a maximum of simultaneous logins with the same user / pass
- Cache the MAC of an authenticated user so it doesnt have to login again. Please explain if its possible to set this cache time (i.e 1 day, 1 week, etc)
- Assign dynamic bandwidth to an SSID or a user. If the other is free take all the BW, if not stick to the max BW.
- Assign dynamic bandwidth to an application. Same as before but for example specify a maximum of 1mb per user for Facebook, but if the system is free of traffic assign all the 10mbps as EIR.
Thanks in advance!
All of those can also be performed only with an instant cluster or any of them would requiere a controller?
I don't believe that you can support dynamic bandwidth allocation with the IAPs nor controllers. Might be supported in something like a Palo Alto firewall.
Regarding the FR config is there any document of how to configure it that you may know in order to work with it?
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.