Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

internal server with mac entry comment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  internal server with mac entry comment

Posted Mar 21, 2014 04:46 AM

Hello,

Maybe i do not know something that is obvious to everyone using aruba IAP, but is there any way to add a comment to the entry i put into IAP 105 internal server regarding mac address that are allowed into the network (mac authentication), or to join it with some kind of named profile?

I've created network with mac authentication and it works when i add user: xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx with pass: xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx (where xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx is mac address, obviously), but how can i manage users without knowing who they are? How can i tell one from the other?

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: internal server with mac entry comment

Posted Mar 21, 2014 08:47 AM

No, there is no additional field with the Instant internal database for what you want.  Even if one was added, you'd still probably only see the MAC in the connected clients table.  If you were to talk to an external source like ClearPass, you have the capability of authenticating the MAC, but returning an alternate value for user-name in the RADIUS response so that you see a username or some other recognizable name in the clients table.

• 3.  RE: internal server with mac entry comment

Posted Mar 24, 2014 04:28 AM

i've meant that i would like a comment/information regarding every mac in internal database (users list), not connect list, so if i would like to cut off a particular user i wouldn't have to search for a hostname in dhcp server etc...

• 4.  RE: internal server with mac entry comment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2014 05:08 AM

inf,

It is not possible.

Please submit an request for enhancement on the ideas portal:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Matters-Blog/Announcement-Changes-to-Airheads-Social-s-Ideas-Platform/ba-p/71644