I would like to associate a 'sponsor_name' value to each guest authenticating through a captive portal. I am using ClearPass guest.
When the guest register his self with the guest registration form it works, because I added the sponsor_name field to it. The problem comes when I am using the sponsoring way.
I can't find where to modify the form I can see at the guest_register_confirm page, so every guest registered using this way have the sponsor_name value set to 'admin'.
I found the 'Override the form' under Sponsorship confirmation in my page but I don't know how to use it since no new field appears.
Does anybody know how can I do ?
Thanks in advance.
Thanks for you response, but I don't really understand how it can help me. Can you explain ?
Sorry I misunderstood your question.
So there are a few options.
1. you can turn it into an auto fill which will use the sponsors login information and tie that to the account
2. you can turn the field into a text field where you can type in the sponsors name.
1. First off you need to figure out the field you are going to modify. Look up in your browser of the page you are going to change and look at the last /
2. Go to Forms and Views and you will find the form you will modify. Once you create your duplicates click edit fields. NOTE: I personally make to duplicates. One to remember what the default settings are and one to test with until I have my form the way I want it then I edit the original.
3. You want to click on Sponsor Name and enable. Then click edit DO NOT click edit base. That will change all forms that have that field. In the dropdown change to static text.
4. Click save and then up on the top there is a link to use this form so you can preview your work.
5. Finished product. :)
Step 1 and 2 are the same as above.
3. You are going to choose Text Field.
4. Are the same as above.
5. Ta da. :)
Let me know if that is what your looking for?
Thank you very much for your help and your time spent on helping me. I would like to use the first way, but the problem is I can't find the form used by the sponsor to validate a guest account.
When a guest is asking for a sponsor confirmation, the sponsor receive the e-mail. At this moment, if I take a look at the account list, the user appears with the good sponsor_name because I sent the field in the register form :
But when the sponsor validates the account using this form :
The guest created appears with a sponsor_name of 'admin' :
Is it possible to modify the form where the sponsor has to click on 'confirm', to add a sponsor_name field (or to modify it since it apparently exists...) ?
Thanks again for your help.
Sorry about the slow response. Ive been traveling..
You need to check if the sponsor attribute in the Guest sponsor page and make sure the attribute is getting written to the endpoint.
Sorry, I've been busy these days. Thank you for your help.
The 'Update Endpoint' was not activated on the guest sponsor page. I activated it and verified the sponsor_name attribute was there and re-tested :
I can now see the attributes on the endpoint when it is authenticated, but it is still set to 'admin'...
Any idea ?
I am still on this problem... I think it is because the "IT Administrators" Sponsor Profile is being assigned. I tried to look at the LDAP translations rules but I'm not sure about what I am supposed to add as a rule to make sure Sponsors accept guest with my 'Demo' Operator profile.
EDIT : When I activate the option "Require sponsors to provide credentials prior to sponsoring the guest", the sponsor logs in with the 'Demo' Operator profile before accepting the guest and it works. But is there a solution to use this same profile and not the 'IT Administrators' default profile when the option is not activated ?
Wow... Finally solved this problem. I recreated the page and also figured out that I needed to log out from the admin account when I was accepting guest requests during my tests, or else the sponsor_name linked to it would be automatically changed to 'admin' ...
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.