Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can the configurtion of an Acess Point be changed while it is offline?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can the configurtion of an Acess Point be changed while it is offline?

Posted Mar 21, 2013 09:00 AM

Hi,

I have some Aruba 70, 125, 135 APs and RAPs that were set up without static IPs. I would like to assign static IPs to every one of our APs. However, some of them are offline at the momenet and I cannot configure them until they come online. Once they come online, I don't want to reboot them in the middle of a user's session.

Is there a way to modify the configuration of an AP from within the 3600 Controller while it is offline and have it download that new config (i.e, static IP setting) when it becomes available?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Can the configurtion of an Acess Point be changed while it is offline?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2013 09:24 AM

You cannot change provisioning settings of a Campus AP while it is offline (including setting a static IP).  There are some provisioning settings you can change on a Remote AP through the Provisioning Profiles which they'll get on connection, however static IP is not one of them.

You could setup DHCP reservations in the meantime until you can find a time to restart them with a static IP.

• 3.  RE: Can the configurtion of an Acess Point be changed while it is offline?

Posted Mar 21, 2013 12:43 PM

Ok, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks clembo! :cathappy: