Hi, recently i am setting up the ClearPass Policy Manager for my office and I do facing some issue on the VM setting especially for the network connectivity. Below is the scenario
I am using below hardware and software for the exercise
- 1 unit server with loaded WinServer 2008 and VM WorkStation 8.0.2.The server come with 2 NIC.
- I have downloaded ClearPass Manager 5.2.0 ( 64-bits ) in VM version
Below is my IP address assignment for the hardware and VM,
- Server NIC IP for the 2 network card ( NIC 1 – 10.10.10.7 subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway 10.10.10.1 ) ( NIC 2 – 192.168.2.7 subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway 192.168.2.1 )
- ClearPass Policy Manager in VM (Hostname – SCH.com) ( Management IP – 10.10.10.8 subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway 10.10.10.1 ) ( Data Port IP - 192.168.2.8 subnet 255.255.255.0 Gateway 192.168.2.1 )
***In the VM network setting I have configure to the bridge mode for the 2 network adapter. ( VM –Setting-Network Adapter-Bridged )
Issue that facing,
- Currently I am not able to ping the ClearPass Policy Manager VM interface inside the server2008 ( 10.10.10.8 and 192.168.2.8 )
- I am not able to bring up the GUI interface even I have key in https://SCH.com/tips ***The main reason is because I can’t ping the VM interface
I have try to customize the network profile in VM and tie it to the dedicated VMnet interface and it still can’t work.
Not sure if this is part of the problem, but I had thought that Policy Manager was only supported on ESX/ESXi servers; and not Workstation. ClearPass Guest has a Workstation/VMware Player download.
@clembo wrote:Not sure if this is part of the problem, but I had thought that Policy Manager was only supported on ESX/ESXi servers; and not Workstation. ClearPass Guest has a Workstation/VMware Player download.
Yup, i have install on ESX/ESXi and it working fine, \
it seem the VMwork station can run the ClearPass image but it does not mean support on the platform.
Here is one way of making it work under VMware Workstation:
In the .vmx simply replace the network drivers loaded (probably vlance) by
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
ethernet1.virtualDev = "e1000"
for explanation see http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1001805
Hi guy, for your information, i have install Clearpass 6.2 on WMWare Workstation 10 and it's works good ! i advice to you only for your model.
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2020 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.