Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues terminating RAP-2 to controller running AOS 6.2.1.3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Issues terminating RAP-2 to controller running AOS 6.2.1.3

Posted Aug 28, 2013 03:42 PM

Hello All,

Has anyone run into any issues terminating RAP-2 to a controller running AOS 6.2.1.3? RAP-3 and RAP-5 work fine but the RAP-2 either crashes with a out of memory error (TAC says memory error was fixed 6.2.1.3 but still happens), or it upgrades but never contacts the controller again. The RAP-2 was working perfectly fine on AOS 6.1.2.6 but when upgrading to 6.2.1.3 (To gain RAP-3 support) the RAP-2 stop working. 

In thinking that maybe the upgrade to 6.2.1.3 caused some bug with our configuration. I stood up a new 3200 series controller with 6.2.1.3. But I am still unable to terminate RAP-2 to the controller yet RAP-3 work fine. The configuration on this controller is as basic as I could make it, just enough to get a RAP to terminate. 

Thanks in advance!

Jason

• 2.  RE: Issues terminating RAP-2 to controller running AOS 6.2.1.3

Posted Aug 28, 2013 04:03 PM

Just upgraded my controllers from 6.1 to 6.2.1.3 last week.  All RAP2, 3, 5 came up and working fine.

I provisioned all my RAPs using certificate.  You could try go to Whitelist in Configuration, AP installation, delete the RAP-2 in question, and create a new one.