Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Microsoft Lync SDN API and bridge mode ssids

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Microsoft Lync SDN API and bridge mode ssids

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2014 02:44 PM

With Lync SDN API enabled, does this prioritisation of the Lync traffic happen with clients on a bridge-mode ssid, or do I need to use the old 'classify-media' option?

On that note, for bridged ssids, is WMM and classify-media supported?  I don't see those things specifically listed in here

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Microsoft Lync SDN API and bridge mode ssids
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 06, 2014 03:44 PM

I would think that WMM should work in bridge mode since this is done at the AP/wireless level but Lync prioritization probably not.

• 3.  RE: Microsoft Lync SDN API and bridge mode ssids
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2014 04:23 PM

The Lync API will not work in bridge mode as we are not receiving the traffic to do deep packet inspection at the controller.  If bridge mode is a requirement, consider using Instant instead.  That product will do Lync API

• 4.  RE: Microsoft Lync SDN API and bridge mode ssids

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2014 02:04 AM

ok, but I thought the point of the Lync API was that it could identify the Lync traffic without having to do the deep packet inspection.

So what I have at the moment is that for the tunneled ssids, it will use the Lync API, but the for the bridged ssids, it will need to use the pre-6.3 version with the deep-packet inspection.  I assume this is possible on the AP level?

As for the Instants, I see nowhere in there to see the Lync listening port like on the controllers.  In any case, this is for an existing Campus deployment that is being redesigned.