Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Build in features

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Build in features

Posted Jun 19, 2013 11:27 AM

Hello i was wondering that if the clearpass the build in features you would not need to pay any license to have it? just the clearpass without license or any kind.

Ill explain with an example what im asking

For example

Let say i buy a clearpass with 100 license for guest only

Even if i buy it like this i would have the build in features such as

1-TACACS+ and RADIOUS Server

2-Clearpass Profiling.

3-Airgroup

Now if im right what other build in features i get or those 3 i mention are the only ones?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Build in features

Posted Jun 19, 2013 12:23 PM

If you buy ClearPass Policy Manager (virtual or physical appliances), you are entitled to the three items you are referring to; regardless of whehter you buy any guest licenses.   Basically, you can't "just buy ClearPass Guest"; you have to buy Policy Manager (and all that comes with it) and then add features like Guest, OnBoard, OnGuard, etc.

The three features you mention are included in addition to endpoint context servers (exnternal); including Aruba Activate, 3rd party MDM, and Palo Alto.   

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Build in features

Posted Jun 19, 2013 12:32 PM

Yes im aware of that...

My question was that if i could buy in the online configurator

putting just the clearpass policy manager which is by default... and putting 0 on onguard, enterprise, onboard, guest and i would have all the build in features...  but i wont have NAC, neither guest neither onboard if i dont buy the license per device.

Im asking this because if someone wanted to buy this just for guest access i could tell them well in addition to that, you would be able to run a tacacs+ server for your switches authentication and also having it as an NPS and have the clearpass profiling!

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Build in features
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2013 03:26 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  The answer is yes.   If a customer buys ClearPass for Guest usage; they bought Policy Manager as the base, so yes, they could use all those features too.

Also, each CPPM purchase comes with 25 Enterprise licenses; to use any of the other modules of your choice; 15 Guest and 10 OnBoard for example.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Build in features

Posted Jun 19, 2013 03:32 PM

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: Clearpass Build in features

Posted Jun 19, 2013 03:36 PM

So in theory i could buy a clearpass put it no license of anything....

i mean like this and ill have 25 license??? of anything i want?

clearpass1.JPG

• 7.  RE: Clearpass Build in features

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2013 03:44 PM
    Yes

• 8.  RE: Clearpass Build in features

Posted Jun 19, 2013 07:37 PM

Thank you Arnold!