Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware Download

This thread has been viewed 96 times
  • 1.  Firmware Download

Posted Aug 26, 2012 06:45 PM
    Hello Aruba Users, I am very new to the forum and to the Aruba systems. I want to evaluate the Aruba wireless controller and bought a MC3200xm and three AP134 online. After first try the webgui says I have to upgrade the boot partition with a newer firmware (it seems that there is a kind of production firmware installed).There was no Software CD /DVD within the box and I have to download such a firmware to get the system running. I contact the official Aruba Support, submitted my serial numbers of the devices and got an active Account for the support web portal. But seriously I am not allowed to download Firmware upgrades of the ArubaOs. So how can I get the system running? We want to evaluate the system, paid a lot of money for the hardware and now we got stuck, because the Aruba support won't grant us access to a runnable firmware. We only need a firmware that activates the system, how can we get that? Is it normal, that a customer does not get access to the Download area? Any ideas what we can do? We really need help, many thanks for answers and support.

• 2.  RE: Firmware Download

Posted Aug 26, 2012 07:16 PM

Good afternoon,

It is not normal that you would not have firmware to attach access points on a controller or to boot it when you purchase.   The controllers -ALWAYS- ship with software pre-loaded, so there is no need to upgrade them when you buy them.    Can you please submit a screen shot of the controller WEBUI when it boots to the error?  

To fill in some blanks/background here...  

Where did you obtain the hardware ?  e.g. from a reseller as NEW or USED  from some other means ?    You are referencing fairly new hardware, so I expect new but figured I would clarify.

The Support folks would have looked up the serial number of the controller you are referencing (3200XM) and analyzed whether there was 'ArubaCare' support on that hardware.    Did they provide an explanation of what they found?     Did you purchase/do you recall purchasing ArubaCare support from the reseller for the hardware ?   

• 3.  RE: Firmware Download

Posted Aug 27, 2012 02:55 AM
    Hello, I have to clarify: There is a pre-loaded software on the mc: ArubaOs 6.1.1.0 (Digitally Signed - Production Build) Build 28288. But the mc does not find any of the APs and when clicking any of the main menus within the webgui (dashboard, monitoring, configuration,...) there pop ups a message in a red box in the middle of the screen: Ancillary files are not present ********************************* WARNING: An additional image upgrade is required to complete the installation of the AP and the WebUI files. Please upgrade the boot partition again and reload the controller. [upgrade later] [upgrade now] But I have no firmware yet and nobody wants to grant me access to it. What can I do ? I bought the hardware from the online store http://www.posglobal.com (new products!). I have already send a request for my problem, but no answer. The Aruba support said the internal team could not find support contact for my serial number and I should contact the reseller. But the seller does not respond. Why do I need arubacare (what is it?) I do not need some kind of support, I only need a working firmware to evaluate the product. I stuck in here. Many thanks. Here a screen: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=9e076cd

• 4.  RE: Firmware Download
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2012 03:53 AM

There is a page under Configuration> Control Plane Security.  Turn on auto cert provisioning and click on apply.  In about 5 minutes your first access point should appear...

• 5.  RE: Firmware Download

Posted Aug 27, 2012 04:42 AM
    Ok. Thanks, i havn't tried yet, but then the way is to ignore the warning message! And everything is fine. Many thanks for your support here - you solved my problem.

• 6.  RE: Firmware Download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2012 04:52 AM

Glad to hear it.  A video on basic controller setup is here:  

http://www.arubanetworks.com/training/controller_setup_video.html

• 7.  RE: Firmware Download

Posted Jul 31, 2018 09:30 AM

Hello all

How can I get the free firmware for airwave and airmesh that I can use in lecturing only. Please answer me!!!

• 8.  RE: Firmware Download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 10:07 AM

You should contact your local Aruba salesperson.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/company/contact-us/contact-us-form/