Quick question hopefully.
I have an IAP-105 in Europe that is trying to be converted to a campus AP on a controller in the US. Is there regulations that is preventing this IAP from being converted? If fails during the attempts.
Thanks in advance.
To convert an IAP to controller based the Regulatory Domains between the IAP and controller must match:
- An Unrestricted IAP (AKA ROW) such as the IAP-105 cannot connect to a -US controller.
- Similarly, a -US IAP cannot connect to an Unrestricted / ROW controller.
- A -US IAP can connect to a -US controller.
- The same is true for IAP's with the -JP or -IL designations.....they can only connect to -JP or -IL controllers.
- A Unrestricted / ROW IAP can connect to an Unrestricted / ROW controller.
Thanks for the feedback and the valuable information. From dealing with first line support its like hit or miss and I never did get a straight answer.
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2021 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.