Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Help with site survey for hospital for support of RTLS and VOIP.

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Help with site survey for hospital for support of RTLS and VOIP.

Posted May 21, 2014 10:16 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm working on doing a post site survey on a customer existing wireless environmnent in a hospital.  I set it for -65 to support VOIP, but they also want to support location base services.  They also want the stairways and elevators covered.  I'm looking for advice how to address the stairways and elevators coverage and best way to survey this?  Also, I know that for location base services, it's important to walk through the outter edge of the building, however, alot of the rooms have patients and I wasn't allowed to go in them.  So I was thinking that I maybe able to overlay AirMagnet Planner into the passive survey to see what if I add APs in certain locations.  Any tips or advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks....

• 2.  RE: Help with site survey for hospital for support of RTLS and VOIP.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2014 10:33 PM

alovarr,

It depends on what you are using to do location.  The "tag"   manufacturers like Eckahau have specific requirements about how to space access points to achieve the best results with their hardware.  An example of that is on page 11 of the document here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/whitepapers/WP_ArubaEkahau.pdf

Please take a look.