Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

lose internet connection when I plug in a loopback connector to an adjacent port

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  lose internet connection when I plug in a loopback connector to an adjacent port

Posted Mar 13, 2013 05:56 PM

So I have an aruba 620 controller running AOS 6.1.3.4.  I have g1/8 configured as a trunk port and port f1/0, f1/4 and f1/5 configured as switchport access vlan 99.  Spanning tree is enabled (RSTP).  I have a laptop plugged into port f1/0 and can get to the internet just fine, but as soon as I plug a loopback connector into f1/4 or f1/5 I am unable to get out to the internet from my laptop or ping my gateway from the laptop.  Is this normal?  Once I take the loopback connector out I can connect immediately.

• 2.  RE: lose internet connection when I plug in a loopback connector to an adjacent port
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2013 02:50 PM

I got on the phone with tech support and they seemed just as surprised as I was.  Just so you know those devices don't support testing of ports with a loopback connector.  So unless you want to bring down that vlan on that device, don't plug in a loopback connector to test ports :).