Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I delete old database entries on Airwave?

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  How do I delete old database entries on Airwave?

Posted Apr 29, 2015 03:40 PM

I've added and removed APs several times while trying to diagnose an issue between AirWave and instant. Now when I move the IAP to another category, it tells me there are several APs in that category when there are none (So, moving it says Category (0/8) even though there are 0 APs in that category.)

• 2.  RE: How do I delete old database entries on Airwave?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2015 05:28 PM

Typically any IAP that AirWave hears will be added into the new devices list.  The next case is that if the organization string / shared secret pair were present, then it might auto add into the group/folder.

You can check from the UI, but I typically cheat and try to do a db search:

# dbc "select id, name, lan_mac, state, ap_folder_id, ap_group_id from ap where lan_mac ilike '%DC%';"

helper queries:

# dbc 'select id, name from ap_group;'

# dbc 'select id, name from ap_folder;'

States:

0 => pending (should be in new devices list)

1 => approved (would appear when you view group/folder)

3 => ignored (would appear if you show ignored devices - usually a link at bottom of page)

Try deleting from the UI if possible.  The delete option appears on the device entry's manage page.  If you can't find the entry, then you might want to work with support to clean up the extra entries.

Another alternative is that if you know which is the instance you'd like to keep, you can run the detect duplicate devices script:

# cd /root/svn/mercury/scripts

# ./remove_duplicate_aps.pl --list_duplicates

USAGE:

[root@robs_amp scripts]# remove_duplicate_aps.pl --help
    Usage : /usr/local/airwave/bin/remove_duplicate_aps.pl [--list_duplicates | --run | --list_null_devices | --delete_null_devices]
    Options :
    --list_duplicates Display duplicate devices that would be deleted.
    --run Deletes duplicates devices.
    --list_null_devices Display APs with empty fields.
    --delete_null_devices Delete APs with empty fields.