Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Limit Device On Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Limit Device On Clearpass

Posted May 17, 2016 04:39 AM

Hi All,

I need your help, I have install Clearpass and intgrated with AD. How to limit device per user Max 1 Device for any group???

Kindly need your help

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: Limit Device On Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2016 02:30 AM

What do you mean by group? AD groups? Device types?

What do you mean by limit? Only a single device can be given access? Or one device at a time? Or one device per day/week/month?

The answer is probably yes, but with these unknown factors it is difficult to say.

It might be good if you elaborate a bit and explain the scenario you'd like to have with some examples.

• 3.  RE: Limit Device On Clearpass

Posted May 18, 2016 02:42 AM
    Hi Mr. Robers,

I mean one device at a time,

Example : I login with Group IT using Laptop, and then I Can't connect with other device. And when i disconnect from my laptop i can connect by Phone or other.

The core is 1 user 1 Device at a time.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

Sandi Pradana
    System Engineer

PT. Helios Informatika Nusantara (a member of CTI Group)
    Mobile : +62 877 8303 1491
    Email : sandi.pradana@helios.id

[1459480518220_HIN.jpg]

• 4.  RE: Limit Device On Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2016 03:07 AM

If you want to limit concurrent sessions for the same user to 1 session only, you can use the Session-Check for that. It is used in the template for Guest access and also on Aruba Solution Exchange in the guest scenarios.

CPPM-session-check.png

And it should work for non-guest as well. Please work with your partner to get this scenario worked out.