Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-VPN scalability for IAP-200 / 210 series

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  IAP-VPN scalability for IAP-200 / 210 series

Posted Apr 11, 2016 12:33 AM

Hi All,

In the Aruba Instant VRD, there is a table which outlines the VPN throughput for instant access points. This shows the IAP-225 but not the newer 205 / 215 models. 

Can someone please advise the rated VPN throughput for these models?

Scott

• 2.  RE: IAP-VPN scalability for IAP-200 / 210 series
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2016 02:53 AM

Scott,

Good catch; I will ask the VRD developers to include the newer APs in the VRD.

In the mean time, I would count with 25Mbps for the 205, and 40Mbps for the 215... If I get better numbers, I'll let you know.

Herman

• 3.  RE: IAP-VPN scalability for IAP-200 / 210 series

Posted Apr 11, 2016 09:39 PM

Thanks Herman!

• 4.  RE: IAP-VPN scalability for IAP-200 / 210 series

Posted Apr 12, 2016 03:31 PM

205 28 Mbps

215 43 Mbps

205H 33 Mbps

325 153 Mbps

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: IAP-VPN scalability for IAP-200 / 210 series

Posted Mar 17, 2022 02:04 PM
    Hi mannvishal,

Where did you find those number, are there any new models on this list? I'm looking for the IAP 535. 
    I have test IAP 305, speed is like the 325. 

Pat

------------------------------
    Patrick Casavant

• 6.  RE: IAP-VPN scalability for IAP-200 / 210 series

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2022 08:23 AM
    You responded to a very old post. IPsec encryption throughput is available in the AP datasheet or on the 'Compare AP' feature on the Aruba website.

Alternatively, the Validated Reference Design guide for Aruba Instant or IAP VPN, should contain these numbers as well. On modern APs these VPN throughput numbers are quite high, even on the lower end APs.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.