Network Management

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with IMC and Airwave network management solutions.
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF on tablets/touchscreens?

• 1.  VisualRF on tablets/touchscreens?

Posted Dec 14, 2016 02:31 PM

I'm curious if anybody is using VisualRF on a tablet or touchscreen device with any success?

I've tested on a few older Android tablets (4.1.2 and 5.0.1) and on a touchscreen PC running Windows 7 - neither will allow me to operate many functions within VisualRF.  

I can't  seem to double-click to open a site/building (although on Android this seems to work if I long press), and am not able to draw walls.  I can draw walls on the PC with the mouse, but not on the touchscreen.

I don't have access to any newer devices to see if maybe this is a limitation with Windows 7 on a touchscreen and might possibly work on Win8 or 10, or on newer versions of Android.

I spend quite a bit of time using VisualRF and using a mouse can cause some CTS problems.  

I imagine marking up floor plans might be easier if drawing on a tablet or touchscreen, or maybe I need to look into a pen input device for my PC?

Anybody out there have experience with any of this?

• 2.  RE: VisualRF on tablets/touchscreens?

Posted Dec 14, 2016 02:40 PM
    I used to use VisualRF on my Surface Pro with the Surface pen all the time.
    Was great for drawing walls, etc.

• 3.  RE: VisualRF on tablets/touchscreens?

Posted Dec 15, 2016 12:15 PM

Instead of drilling down by double-clicks, I tend to use the 'list' navigation to jump to a floor plan.