Network Management

last person joined: an hour ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with IMC and AirWave network management solutions.
Expand all | Collapse all

Generate SNMP traps from Airwave to send to NMS

• 1.  Generate SNMP traps from Airwave to send to NMS

Posted Jan 20, 2021 04:18 PM
    Hi,
      I did setup NMS on Airwave, but I can't find where I can generate SNMP traps in Airwave to test if my NMS device receiving it. Thanks for the help in advance.

• 2.  RE: Generate SNMP traps from Airwave to send to NMS

Posted Jan 22, 2021 02:53 AM
    Hi,

SNMP traps are being pushed from the Airwave and if you imported them correctly into your NMS (which one are you using), and you added Airwave AMP to the NMS, they should just be sent. Did you test network connectivity between AMP and NMS?

------------------------------
    [NesaM - ACMP|ACCP|ACDP]

• 3.  RE: Generate SNMP traps from Airwave to send to NMS

Posted Jan 29, 2021 05:25 PM
    Hi,
      Apparently, there is not way to generate SNMP traps unless you configure triggers rules.

• 4.  RE: Generate SNMP traps from Airwave to send to NMS

Posted Feb 01, 2021 10:37 AM
    We see snmp traps under Devices > syslog & trap page, if we are not seeing any data it means, Airwave is not added as trap receiver in controller.

We need to add Airwave as trap receiver in MM/MDs or controllers to receive traps. We can forward this traps to external NMS server by adding NMS server details under AMPSetup > NMS server.

Follow Airwave& NMS integration guide under Home > Documentation page in Airwave.

Pavan Arshewar
    Principal Network Engineer

If my post addresses your query, give kudos!