Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Is Aruba Discontinuing Airwave, replacing with Central?

This thread has been viewed 59 times
  • 1.  Is Aruba Discontinuing Airwave, replacing with Central?

Posted May 05, 2021 12:47 PM

How does the future of Airwave look? 

seems like Aruba is pushing Central as do it all solution.

------------------------------
    Eddie Peterson

• 2.  RE: Is Aruba Discontinuing Airwave, replacing with Central?

Posted May 06, 2021 05:18 PM
    They say they will keep developing and supporting it, but expect all the cool things to get into Central and not Airwave.

Ricardo Duarte

• 3.  RE: Is Aruba Discontinuing Airwave, replacing with Central?

Posted May 07, 2021 09:56 AM
    My understanding is that AirWave is being rebranded, perhaps slowly, as "Central On-Prem."  Due to the number of sites that have security constraints regarding offsite storage of data, I expect AMP to continue and be maintained, with the new name.

Check with your Aruba Sales Engineer for confirmation - my data may be a bit dated - but that has been the approach I've heard.  They will converge, but the option to maintain an on-prem management tool should remain.

There are some things that can be done from the cloud that are nice, such as monitoring connectivity from off-prem, but there is a place for both.  Again, for an official answer check with your Sales Engineer or ask your Aruba partner to check with theirs.

Timothy Leadbetter
    ACMP, ACSP, ACCA
    CWNA, CWDP
    ECSE-Design

• 4.  RE: Is Aruba Discontinuing Airwave, replacing with Central?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 09, 2021 04:31 PM
    You can continue to use Airwave.

The advantages of Aruba Central is that you can do all kinds of data analysis by using the power in the cloud that you will not have on-premise.

Actually, you should only choose Aruba Central because of the great advantages. But Aruba Central On-Premis is an alternative if you do not want to use the cloud, although you will lose some advantages.

Not sure if some information is still confidentiality. For details, it is best to contact your local Aruba Partner. 

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACMP | ACCP | ACDA | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own