Wired

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the Aruba Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of the ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile first solution.
Expand all | Collapse all

Key Management - License

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  Key Management - License

Posted 15 days ago
    Hi,

I have recently purchased license Aruba Central DM 1 Token 3y Sub E-STU and when I added under key management I got this "Convert DMs to new license types (1)". I don't understand this behavior because I know when I used to add licenses there previously they just popped up without needing to convert them. Now it is showing this and I don´t understand it. 

Please advice, should I do a convert or is it something I have missed?

------------------------------
    nikim ab

• 2.  RE: Key Management - License

Posted 15 days ago
    The license model has changed. See this link: https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/latest/documentation/online_help/content/nms/subscriptions/overview-licensing.htm

Dustin Burns

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Key Management - License

Posted 14 days ago
    You can still buy the "old" licenses for few months and if you need 6300/6400 switch licenses you really should :) "New" 6400 license is something like 20x compared to the DM 1 Token...

You buy the Token and then convert it to any other license you like. It seems that you can also convert it to gateway foundation licenses too

• 4.  RE: Key Management - License

Posted 14 days ago
    I see that there are some different foundation licenses for different switch model. I see for example Foundation-Switch-6200/29xx. Does this mean that this license can only be used for 29xx switch models, and if I have for example a switch model 2540 this license wont work?

nikim ab

• 5.  RE: Key Management - License
    Best Answer

Posted 14 days ago
    Yep you would need "Foundation-Switch-6100/25XX/<16ports" license which is also the cheapest license for switches

• 6.  RE: Key Management - License

Posted 14 days ago
    Thank you pubjohndoe :)

nikim ab