SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

Remote office-Connect back to HQ, What devices do I need?

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Remote office-Connect back to HQ, What devices do I need?

Posted Jun 27, 2021 05:16 PM
    Sorry for the simple question-I'm just getting into Aruba.
    At HQ we have 115 AP-505s. We manage them with Central I have 18 licenses in Central. I have on order an AP-505HR for testing (I read about it as it relates to remote access)

About 70 employees. 
    Company is going to open small 5 user offices around the US. My normal course of action would be to buy a SonicWall and setup a Site2Site VPN, and stick an AP in that small office for users.

I'd like to try an use Aruba gear for the remote offices. I'm looking for something I can drop in without a big deal.

From reading, It seems like I could put a 9004 at HQ Open ports from the SonicWall and at the remote offices drop in an AP-505HR to connect back to HQ?
    I'd also need split tunnels so local web surfing stays local.

I'm also looking at this setup for home users. Give them an AP-505HR to connect back to HQ.

Does this work? Any input is appreciated. Thank you

• 2.  RE: Remote office-Connect back to HQ, What devices do I need?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2021 08:13 PM
    yes you can use 9004 to terminate the IPSEC tunnels from the IAPs and yes IAP-VPNs do support split tunneling as well.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Remote office-Connect back to HQ, What devices do I need?

Posted Jul 04, 2021 04:56 AM
    Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Remote office-Connect back to HQ, What devices do I need?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2021 01:15 AM
    check this guide
    https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00097854en_us

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.