Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WiFi drops on 515 AP's

This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  WiFi drops on 515 AP's

Posted Jul 30, 2021 02:16 PM
    We are running 8.6.0.9 with a various of AP's 114's, 225, 315's, and 515's. We only have one building installed with the 515's this is the only building we are having reports of WiFi drops mostly when clients are using Microsoft teams.

------------------------------
    Bill Harris

• 2.  RE: WiFi drops on 515 AP's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2021 06:17 AM
    Have you configured QOS for those devices on Microsoft Teams?  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/qos-in-teams

Do you typically have drops doing a constant ping to the default gateway in that environment?

Microsoft Teams could be the most delay and bandwidth sensitive application, so that might indicate that you would also look at your wifi environment to make sure that it is solid using the "continuous ping to default gateway "test".  If the pings are relatively healthy, I would consider the Microsoft QOS configuration because it is possible other traffic on those devices are competing for bandwidth.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: WiFi drops on 515 AP's

MVP
    Posted Aug 08, 2021 04:36 PM
    We've run into similar issues prior to 8.6.0.9 - however there were a lot of bug fixes from 8.6.0.6 to 8.6.0.9 that addressed a lot of connectivity issues. We've found that many Intel clients experience issues with a yellow exclamation point over the Wi-Fi bars in the taskbar -> I've found on many manufacturer's websites when downloading new drivers for the Intel chip that it's a known bug and appears to have been resolved in recent firmware - though I've seen it marked as "fixed" before and it shows up again. 

If it's only happening where the AP-515's were installed (we have those too), it could easily be client-driver problems related to 802.11ax.

Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021

• 4.  RE: WiFi drops on 515 AP's

MVP
    Posted Aug 08, 2021 04:37 PM
    If you check the ap client-trail info on the controller -> does it list the drops as "Unspecified Failure"? This was what we found under our circumstances and it almost always was driver-related.

Michael Haring

AirHeads MVP 2017, 2019-2021

• 5.  RE: WiFi drops on 515 AP's

Posted Aug 09, 2021 07:47 AM
    Thank you all for the input, we found clients with Intel drivers out dated and would not see the SSID's. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054799/wireless.html

But the teams drops are all updated drivers. I have passed along the QoS on Teams to our Microsoft team in our department. 

thanks again
    Bill

Bill Harris