Training, Certification & Career

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

This thread has been viewed 99 times
  • 1.  Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

Posted Jan 25, 2021 12:52 PM
    Hey there, 

So im studying for the ACSA, and im reading the first edition of the book Aruba certified switching Associate ISBN 978-1-7346275-5-8 and at the same time watching 
    Airheads Community
    Airheads Community remove preview
    Airheads Community
    Hidden page that shows all messages in a thread
    View this on Airheads Community >

Im not sure if i am allowed to type the question and answers  in full therefor ive just typed the letter corresponding to the "correct" answer 
    Now my question is this, around the 29min30sec in part 2 there is a knowledge check. 
    That same knowledge check is a chapter question in the book (chapter 4 quesiton 1) however the correct answer is not the same in the book and in the webinar, 
    in the book the correct answer is A) and D) while in the webinar it is only D)

then again at around the 1hour and 10sec mark in part 2 another knowledge check occurs and this question is the same as the chapter 4 question 2 and again there are different answers on the webinar and in the book
    In the book the correct answers are C) and D) while in the webinar they are C) and E)

then if i go to Aruba Certified Switching Associate: Official Certification Study Guide (HPE6-A72)

HPE Press remove preview
    Aruba Certified Switching Associate: Official Certification Study Guide (HPE6-A72)
    Learn at your own pace and prepare for the Aruba Certified Switching Associate (ACSA) certification exam (HPE6-A72). The ACSA certification validates you have have the fundamental skills to configure and manage modern, open standards-based networking solutions for small-to-midsized businesses (SMBs) and campus networks.
    View this on HPE Press >

and check the update it says: 

Learning Check answers:

(deleted other chapters)

Chapter 4:

Question 2, the correct answers are C, D and E. 

So now im really confused, how am I supposed to learn this stuff when the material provided give me 3 different versions as to the correct answer to a question, which of them is the correct one ?
    and would it be possible to have a get a list that is 100% correct for the chapter questions in the book since not even the updated list on the site is the same as what is shown in webinars

Kind regards
    Morten 

------------------------------
    Morten Due

• 2.  RE: Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2021 05:34 AM
    I agree that these questions should have the same answers and you may be confused with them. What I have found is that in these knowledge tests in the courseware the questions and answers are not of the same level as in the actual exam.

The questions in the courseware are sometimes open for discussion, and I feel they are also designed to open the discussion which is good in classes, may be not as good in self-study. One example from the video you mentioned above:
    https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=517&MID=236073&CommunityKey=c345c26c-5217-471d-bdd5-818181af6109&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fcommunitykey%3dc345c26c-5217-471d-bdd5-818181af6109%26tab%3ddigestviewer" alt="" data-skipsetcontent="true" width="400">
    You can debate if VLANs mitigate risk. VLAN can be part of a risk mitigation strategy, and even are likely to be part of it, but they are not the solution. For this answer, I'm confident to either debate for correct or incorrect. Then the MAC address tables sized that differ between the video and your book, this answer is ambiguous, as the individual tables are smaller (and tables suggests that it refers to the individual tables), but as the presenter in the video mentions the total size of all the tables is the same as there are the same amount of clients. You can also debate if the tables inside the switch are separate tables per VLAN or one table with a VLAN tag in it. There is enough here to debate, and debating, disagreeing allows you to improve your knowledge as it triggers you to really understand what is happening. One additional problem there is that if you have entry-level training, the generic concept is what is asked but if you really understand how things work internally in a system other answers may be correct or even the correct answer becomes incorrect.

Having said that, I've seen many exams and also reviewed them and there are two main differences between the knowledge checks and an actual exam. Before going to that point, it is more important that you understand why answers are correct or incorrect than that you memorize it as in the exam the situation is likely to be (slightly) different because it tests if you understand the matter.
    The first difference is that in questions where you have multiple answers, it tells you 'Select two' or 'Select three', so you know what number of answers you have to provide. Secondly, the review process on the exams is quite extensive. Most of the exams have gone through an extensive review where the question and answers are validated by multiple experts that are instructed to make sure the question is not too ambiguous and the correct answer is indeed correct and false answers are indeed false. Questions also need to be 'fair to ask' for the specific exam level. In that way, I have much less issues in taking the actual exam than I have with answering the Knowledge checks.

This makes that the correct answers to the knowledge checks are not always a good indicator of your capability to pass the exam. Nevertheless, if you see things like this during a training, report it back to the trainer so it can be fixed. If you are doing self-study, there is a feedback e-mail address in many of the documents, or contact Aruba Education (contact button at the bottom of the page) to report this so it can be reviewed and fixed where needed (I'm not in the position to directly address your concerns).
    If you find issues during the exam, there is a possibility to report/comment on a specific question. The comments are actually reviewed. I would advise you to 'mark' the question you would like to provide feedback on, so you can put in the comments at the end of the exam and you don't risk running out of time.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

Posted Apr 08, 2021 06:42 PM
    i just found out there is a book in the HPE Press called ACSA Errata, when i downloaded the manual
    it speaks about the corrections the manual may have missed it time of production.

Derrick Vaughn

• 4.  RE: Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

Posted Jul 26, 2021 11:17 AM
    Well, I am new to this certification and preparing for it as well https://hpepress.hpe.com/product/Aruba+Certified+Switching+Associate+Official+Certification+Study+Guide+HPE6-A72-Hardcover-19378 is definitely helping me a lot along with other vednors pdf guide.

Heather Pare

• 5.  RE: Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

Posted Jul 27, 2021 10:09 PM
    where is the webinar your following ...
    morten 

• 6.  RE: Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

Posted Aug 11, 2021 10:31 AM
    looking for a study partner anyone available.....

• 7.  RE: Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

Posted Aug 12, 2021 11:07 AM
    What are you thinking? Maybe meeting over Zoom or Discord or something. I plan to take the exam soon, and I have never worked with a study partner. Might be worth a try.

Daniel Worden

• 8.  RE: Hpe6-a72 study guide corrections ?

Posted Aug 13, 2021 10:03 AM
    Evidently you don't think outside the box ..study partner can have or may have the lab setup where its easier to understand how to setup the lab and run the configuration Wardell....