Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things Aruba Central and UXI Network Management, this includes Aruba Central managed networks, Central configuration, best practices, Central APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics and Other Central Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't move IAPs to a new group

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Can't move IAPs to a new group

Posted Jul 22, 2021 05:37 AM
    I'm just getting a new Aruba Central off the ground and I have a few IAPs that are part of a Virtual Controller swarm. I want to move some to a new group but when I go to Global > Organization I only ever see the VC. I took one IAP and set the Swarm mode to Standalone, rebooted it, but I still do not see it in the Groups view. What am I missing?

------------------------------
    Eric OBrien

• 2.  RE: Can't move IAPs to a new group

Posted Jul 22, 2021 10:12 PM
    hope this helps
    https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.3/documentation/online_help/content/nms/groups/move-iap.htm?Highlight=moving%20between%20groups

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Can't move IAPs to a new group

Posted Jul 23, 2021 07:43 AM
    Thanks for the reply, I did see that, but that appears to move the entire VC (and all associated APs) to another group. I want to create a new group and move one AP into it. What happened is I brought a new AP online and it automatically got put into an existing group and VC. I want to separate it and start a new group/VC.

Eric OBrien

• 4.  RE: Can't move IAPs to a new group
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2021 08:30 AM
    so the new AP that you brought online was on the same VLAN as the VC? if so make sure it is on a different vlan/subnet

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Can't move IAPs to a new group

Posted Jul 23, 2021 02:31 PM
    When I change the vlan, the AP gets a new IP from my DHCP server but it never shows up in Aruba Central.

Eric OBrien

• 6.  RE: Can't move IAPs to a new group

Posted Jul 23, 2021 09:30 AM
    You need to set AP to Standalone

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281

• 7.  RE: Can't move IAPs to a new group

Posted Jul 27, 2021 02:28 PM
    Bringing APs online on a seperate vlan was the trick I was missing. In my previous WiFi system all the APs were on a management vlan natively with user vlans tagged on the port. Groups were logically made in the console and not vlan dependent. It seems with Aruba I have to use a different vlan for each group. Thanks for the replies!

Eric OBrien

• 8.  RE: Can't move IAPs to a new group

Posted Aug 03, 2021 12:08 AM
    glad that it worked for you.