Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

VSX vs VSF

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  VSX vs VSF

Posted Sep 16, 2022 10:07 AM
    Hello Aruba community, I am starting to get involved in Aruba switch solutions, especially with regard to HA.
    The solutions that aruba offers with the ARUBAOS-CX operating system are VSX and VSF. Doing some research I found that these two protocols are for virtualizing 2 or more switches.

Could you help me by explaining the differences between using VSX and VSF.

What would be the scenario in which you implement VSX?
    What would be the scenario in which you implement VSF?

• 2.  RE: VSX vs VSF

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 18, 2022 02:37 PM
    Hi, start with this.

There are official documents about what is VSF and what is VSX and they, respectively, explain exactly VSF features and VSX features.

To simplify (really super simplify):

VSX (available on ArubaOS-CX operating system ONLY and on specific Aruba CX Switch series ONLY) was engineered to be used as a virtualization technology (maximum number of member switches: two) to be used at Core and/or Distribution levels.
    VSF (available, with differences, either on ArubaOS-Switch operating system or on ArubaOS-CX operating system <- on some specific Aruba CX Switch series only) was engineered to be used as a virtualization technology (maximum number of member switches: varies) to be deployed at Distribution or Access levels

• 3.  RE: VSX vs VSF

Posted Sep 19, 2022 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the information parnassus, I will be reviewing the official documentation that Aruba offers.

Cheers