Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

What AP is this?

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  What AP is this?

Posted Jul 28, 2021 07:14 PM

Hello,

Below is a photo of an AP that's acting up. I may need to order another, but the site doesn't have a 15' ladder.

What AP is this? It has bottom booted-connectors, and 5 blue LEDs on the left side, looking from the front.

One of these were replaced by an IAP-277, but this isn't one of these, so it's older. Probably installed between 2012 and 2014.

Thanks,

Ambi

------------------------------
    Lawrence Brandt

• 2.  RE: What AP is this?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2021 07:52 PM
      |   view attached
    That's an MST200 MeshOS AP. I attached the datasheet (from 2011). These products went end-of-sale many years ago.

Onno Harms

Attachment(s)

pdf
    DS_MST200_111020b.pdf   613 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: What AP is this?

Posted Jul 29, 2021 10:37 AM

Great, thanks!

Is there some way to manage these with SSH or web? I can't ping/SSH/browse the IP it supposed to have, but some still seem to work.

Thanks,

Ambi 

Lawrence Brandt

• 4.  RE: What AP is this?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2021 11:06 AM
    The MSR is running MeshOS, and if you search the internet for 'Aruba MSR MeshOS user guide' you may find an old User Guide.

These have SSH and Web management, and a console port which requires a really weird USB-A to USB-A cable. One complicating factor can be that the AP is mostly deployed in L2, but the management IP can be configured outside of the VLAN, and it is only accessible if you cross the wireless link. If you don't know the IP, you may be in trouble...

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.