Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

How to List/Edit/Create Roles using Gateway API?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  How to List/Edit/Create Roles using Gateway API?

Posted Jan 12, 2021 10:48 AM
    Hello,
    I am looking for API that can List/Create/Edit/Delete Seurity Roles with Bandwidth Contract on group level
    Can anybody point me on that API? The swagger reference doc is very messy and hard to find anything in it.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Alexander Shulgin

• 2.  RE: How to List/Edit/Create Roles using Gateway API?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2021 11:09 AM
    Just to understand, are you asking this to do this on IAP or Gateways (SD-WAN)?

In any case there is no dedicated API endpoint for that operation.
    You would have to work with a template group and then use the Configuration/Template API operations to pull/push a new config template to this group. But you can't get an output of roles with a single API call. It would be part of the template (CLI syntax).

Most configuration operations and interactions over the API require the device to be managed as part of a template group.
    https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/latest/documentation/online_help/content/faqs/groups.htm

Also perhaps check out the API Reference on the Aruba Developer Hub, which also adds examples to the APIs available on directly on Central through the Swagger interface: https://developer.arubanetworks.com/aruba-central/reference/

• 3.  RE: How to List/Edit/Create Roles using Gateway API?

Posted Jan 13, 2021 11:31 AM
    The question was about IAP.
    That's weird that Gateway doent have such API. I was expected that if in UI I can go to Group->Security->Role and see, add, delete and edit roles, then in API i should see something similar. But unfortunately not... :(

Alexander Shulgin