Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba central two factor

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Aruba central two factor

Posted Sep 20, 2021 07:27 AM

Hi :) 

I see in the documentation that Google Auth and Authy is the two factor solution. In out company we use DUO integrated everywhere. I was able to set up using DUO but as a "Third Party" account, with using passcodes just like google auth. Is this the only possibility? Possible to set up using DUO push with our domain accounts? 

Thanks in advance for any advice

------------------------------
    Tore Valberg

• 2.  RE: Aruba central two factor
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2021 08:14 AM
    You can configure Single Sign-On for Central (SAML Based). If your identity provider enforces the multi-factor, Central can leverage that. If you have integrated DUO with your Authentication (like AzureAD) already, it probably isn't that hard to set up.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba central two factor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2021 07:50 PM
    yes it works in DUO.
    Downloaded DUO mobile app and scan the QR in Aruba Central then DUO will provide the 6 digit pin.
    Aruba Central supports generic 2FA Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) not only google authenticator

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: Aruba central two factor

Posted Sep 30, 2021 08:12 AM
    yeah that part work, but its a but tedious to use passcode when we have push in our domain set up. But hopefully it will work with proper push when we have SSO up and running.

Tore Valberg