Large Public Venues

View Only
last person joined: 9 days ago 

Got questions on how to implement networking solutions in order to create a crowd-pleasing public venue that captivates your guests? Join our Airheads to learn how the right solution setup to keep guests engaged during their visit.
Expand all | Collapse all

NDI over Aruba Wireless

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  NDI over Aruba Wireless

Posted Dec 13, 2020 07:59 PM
    I'm trying to set up a NDI camera for a livestream that we're doing using OBS.  I can use NDI over a wired network, but OBS can't see the NDI feed from our wireless camera.  I can take the cam to another network, and it works fine, so it's something specific to the Aruba AP's.  I've inherited this system, so I'm still not totally familiar with it.  Any help on how I can troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

------------------------------
    John Sullivan

• 2.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2020 04:47 AM
    From what I can see, NDI uses mDNS for the discovery between the camera and the PC. If the devices are in the same vlan (ip subnet), you can disable broadcast filtering as a quick workaround. Disabling broadcast filtering can result in overall performance degradation. The better solution is to enable and configure AirGroup to proxy the mDNS discovery packets and optionally filter them.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

Posted Dec 14, 2020 02:40 PM
    Yes, creating an AirGroup is exactly what I want to do.  I saw references to it, and I've found instructions on every part of it but creating the service IDs for the AirGroup.  How do I find the specific strings for that service?  A quick search hasn't turned up any information on where the information for that comes from.  Thanks!

John Sullivan

• 4.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

Posted Jan 28, 2021 05:32 PM

Hi John,

Did you ever solve your issue and find the specific strings for that service? I found one class service as  _ndi._tcp. so far.

I am in the same exact boat with an NDI camera. 

Thank you. 

Mike

Mike Hanson

• 5.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

Posted Jan 29, 2021 03:13 PM
    No, not at this point, and it's weird because it worked a while back on an older revision of the firmware.  I hadn't thought about that because it's been a while.  At that point, I was able to do AllowAll, and it worked.  Now, that's not even letting it through, so something else must have changed.

John Sullivan

• 6.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

Posted May 10, 2021 10:33 AM
    Here Here!! After updating IAP315/325/345 ap's to ver 8.6 (or possibly 8.3?!?) I noticed same thing and mainly discovery stopped workin over wlan...

I have struggled alot lately with this issue in theatres who want to stream ndi from iphone to screens. It seems to work any now and then but I haven't succeeded to find out whats going on?!?

Jori Luoto

• 7.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

Posted May 10, 2021 10:48 AM
    Well, I did figure something out recently on my issue, but not sure what it means.  I think part of what I was seeing with NDI was that I was going from an iPhone to a Mac originally.  That's when it worked before, and that still seems to work  Though, when I try to use NDI to or from Windows over the Aruba wireless, it doesn't work.  At least, it worked in testing.  I don't have a spare Mac that I can just put in for the Windows machine I'm using.  I'd love to figure out what's going on.

John Sullivan

• 8.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

Posted Aug 30, 2021 01:59 PM
    I'm seeing a similar issues and have basically allowed every service in the aruba console but still can't get it working, we're going between an iPhone and a Windows device (actually a windows VM on an Android OS.... don't ask).​  The 2 devices are on the same SSID & vlan & subnet so by my understanding there should be no issues with mDNS but we can't get the 2 to talk.
    As a work around we have enabled the windows device to act as a hotspot and connected the phone to this and the NDI works perfectly.  Not an ideal configuration and would like to get this fixed

Steve Smalley

• 9.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2021 03:58 AM
    Have you tried to disable the broadcast/multicast filtering? If it works then, you are not allowing all services (note that you may need to add services to allow everything, by default if you select all, it is just what is preconfigured).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 10.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

Posted Aug 31, 2021 08:40 AM
    Yes, and it still doesn't work.  Unless you're going to a MacOS machine.  Whatever is going on, Macs and iOS devices can see the NDI signal through the Aruba IAPs, so it's just an issue with Windows not seeing it.  However, on a non-Aruba system, the Windows machine can see the NDI signal just fine as well.

John Sullivan

• 11.  RE: NDI over Aruba Wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2021 03:28 AM
    Hard to tell in that case what is the issue. Unless someone recognized the issue, best would be to open a support ticket.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.