Security

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Monitoring Mode - Best Practices?

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Monitoring Mode - Best Practices?

Posted May 12, 2021 08:16 AM
    Hi All,

Me and my client want to go one step futher with our Proof of Concept ClearPass Cluster and hook it to a 'live' environment. We are using 802.1x and MAB on Wired and setup a few services. 
    The part that is unclear to me, how can I apply the monitoring mode (not just on the ClearPass services), but also on the authenticator devices? 

In my view; once I configure a 'live' switch to use ClearPass as a RADIUS-server, configure the switch ports, and set all CPPM services in monitor mode, all traffic is unable to authenticate, and thus, will have no access to the internal network? This is not what I want when 'monitoring' the policies on a live-environment..

My question is: What is a good way to extent the Proof of Concept to a real environment without enforcing the policies? What is the best-practice on using monitoring mode? 

I hope you guys understand my question, thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Lex

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Monitoring Mode - Best Practices?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2021 05:54 AM
    Duplicate post for: https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=0e623094-c132-42d2-a323-7e02247ae763&CommunityKey=2477474f-de43-4598-a465-c179d41fdd0b

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.