Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ap rename and ap-group mchange

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Ap rename and ap-group mchange

Posted Jun 15, 2021 02:42 PM
    Hi,
    I have a clluster of MC and one MM 8.6.08.
    CPsec is enable with autoprovisionning cert and from ip dhcp range trust.
    The first renaming of an AP and the ap-group change was OK.
    Now I can't change these value through the GUI. After completing the "provision" data, and submit, the AP doesn't reboot ....
    I tried different model of AP with same result, it's seems there's a bug or communication problem between the cluster and the APs.
    How can I solve this problem ? Thks for your help.

Another question : is it possible to force an ARM scan (to load-balance immediately the AP on both controller, or to force a channel/power reaffectation)

Cdlt.

------------------------------
    stephane henrot

• 2.  RE: Ap rename and ap-group mchange

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 15, 2021 09:25 PM
    How do you know the AP is not rebooting?  Check to see if this is your issue https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=7&MessageKey=1ddf4b93-af14-4ff8-9719-60e56281307a&CommunityKey=867d34a4-1e6a-4b9a-9349-df7b4c84b3cb&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fbrowse%2fallrecentposts

ArubaOS with an MM uses Airmatch, which only changes channels once per day by default at 5am.  You can force a recalculation by SSH into the MM and typing   "airmatch runnow full"

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Ap rename and ap-group mchange

Posted Jun 16, 2021 01:05 PM
    HI,
    Thanks for your reply. It seems to be the "same" problem, i tried the process in the URL but I can't make a write erase ...
    What I can see it' the MM databse is OK but note the MCs. I will make more deeper test but for my customer it's clearly a bug.
    It's a convention center and the ap-group change frequently, so the GUI must be ok for him.
    Il will open a case if I don't find the reason of this behavior.
    I can see that the AP doesn't reboot on the switch (no up,down in log) and in Airwave.

Regarding the ARM i will make a test

Brgs

stephane henrot

• 4.  RE: Ap rename and ap-group mchange

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 03:10 PM
    Delete the AP from the CPSEC database and allow the AP to reboot and re-acquire the CPSEC entry.  After that, don't modify APS in the CPSEC database.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Ap rename and ap-group mchange

Posted Jun 22, 2021 05:50 AM
    Hi, I opened a Case and the support team confirm there's a pb with the GUI. Renaming an AP or changing the group doesn't work.
    The AP only switch MC and doesn't reboot. The workaround is to use CLI ap-regroup command.
    Il will update after resolution from TAC
    Brgds

stephane henrot

• 6.  RE: Ap rename and ap-group mchange

Posted Jun 23, 2021 08:54 AM
    I too maintain a CPSEC whitelist, and would modify the  CPSEC entry for that device and perform a apboot.

William Galway