Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP515 random reboot

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  AP515 random reboot

Posted Nov 28, 2020 02:41 PM
    Hello all,

I have 2 AP515 in a cluster, the virtual master unit reboot itself randomly. I searched the forum and used the command 'show ap debug system-status ap-name <name of AP>' , the returned text says:

AP uptime is 21 hours 12 minutes 40 seconds
    Reboot Time and Cause: AP Reboot reason:  Power-reset
    end of show version

what's the possible reason of the power reset? Both AP are powered by Netgear GS308PP with 83w power brick so should be plenty enough to power the two APs? The other AP515 seems fine never rebooted, only the Master unit.

Any comments or suggestions to debug the issue would  much appreciated. Thanks 

------------------------------
    Sup9

• 2.  RE: AP515 random reboot

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 30, 2020 04:50 AM
    Is there any logs you can check on the Netgear as this was providing the power to the AP. Did it only affect a single AP?

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: AP515 random reboot

Posted Nov 30, 2020 06:11 AM
    Thanks Craig. Unfortunately my switch is unmanaged POE switch so no log that I can check. Yes it's only the master AP experiencing the random reboot, the other AP stays operating while the master AP rebooting.

Sup9

• 4.  RE: AP515 random reboot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2020 07:51 AM
    Is it always the same AP, connected to the same port of the switch? Or is it always the master, and when it reboots another AP becomes master and is the next to reboot? The message to me suggests that the AP loses power. Would it be an option to swap the AP with another AP to see if the issue moves with the AP to the new cable and port or stays with the port and cable in the switch? After that, it may narrow down the issue to the switch or the AP.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 5.  RE: AP515 random reboot

Posted Nov 30, 2020 10:55 AM
    Yes it's always the same AP, it's the master one and has been on the same port of the switch. When the master AP rebooted, the other AP does not become master but waiting the master AP complete the reboot - so all SSID went offline and that's when I noticed the master AP rebooting. But I know the second AP was not rebooting because the led lights are steady green.

Thanks for the advice, if this is related to power I 'll try to replace the cable and change port to get started with. The cable 's AP end was re-terminated by me so might cause the problem - but I thought it's either work or not kind of situation?

Sup9