Community Feedback

last person joined: 7 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP535 'power-restricted'

Jump to Best Answer
This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  AP535 'power-restricted'

Posted Apr 28, 2021 12:44 PM

I have just taken over an estate of around 80 AP535s , when I look at Controller>Config>Access Points> Campus APs tab all of the APs are tagged 'r' for power restricted. I understand that this is because they have all been single attached.... I read (or have quite possibly imagined that I have read?!?) that the restricted AP features are restricted are configurable options? I cant find anywhere on the MM , controllers or Airwave that I can configure these options?

------------------------------
    Paul Clarke

• 2.  RE: AP535 'power-restricted'
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2021 04:35 AM
    The AP-535 will function in an unrestricted state when powered by DC, 802.3bt (class 5) POE or 2x 802.3at (class 4) POE, If there is insufficient POE being supplied to the AP such as  1x 802.3at (class 4) POE and with the IPM feature disabled, the AP will disable the USB port and disable the other Ethernet port. In the same configuration but with IPM enabled, the AP will start up in unrestricted mode, but may dynamically apply restrictions depending on the POE budget and actual power. Operating the AP with an 802.3af (class 3 or lower) POE source is not supported.

LLDP is required to negotiate the correct POE power levels. You can use the Intelligent Power Management feature to adjust the features enabled/disable by insufficient POE.

Configuration -> System -> Profiles -> AP -> AP System Profiles -> IPM Configuration

Craig Syme