Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central supported APs

This thread has been viewed 57 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central supported APs

Posted Feb 22, 2021 06:22 AM
    Hello Guys,

We have a number of access points with model number AP-305. Just wanted to verify if they can work with  Aruba Central?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    GSM

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central supported APs

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 22, 2021 06:45 AM
    If these are AP-305 as opposed to an IAP-305 then these will not work. They need to be of the 'IAP' variant. You can tell from the sticker on the back.

*EDIT* Added Supported Device list.

https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.2/documentation/online_help/content/access-points/supported-platforms/supported-aps.htm

Craig Syme

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central supported APs

Posted Feb 22, 2021 07:22 AM
    @Craig - unfortunately these are mounted in the ceiling already. However they are also controlled by Aruba 7010. So, is there a way in GUI or CLI of 7010 controller to check the exact model APs that are connected to it, if it is an IAP-305 or just an AP-305?​

GSM

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central supported APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2021 09:05 AM
    I think if you have a Central account (can be evaluation), you can add one of your APs with the MAC + Serial number which you can get from the controller. The type (AP-305 or IAP-305) should then show up in the Central Registered Devices. As long as you don't link a subscription, there should not happen anything with the AP itself.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central supported APs

Posted Feb 23, 2021 10:14 PM
    So I just bought an AP-335. Not an IAP-335. Will this device also not work with Aruba Central? What is the difference between the AP-335 and the IAP-335?

eric frazer

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central supported APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2021 04:17 AM
    The IAP-335 can run as Instant, Cloud Managed, Managed by a controller, or Remote AP.
    The AP-335 can run as Controller managed or Remote AP only, so always requires a controller.

If you want to run that AP without management (Instant) or Cloud Managed, I would return the AP and get it replaced with an IAP. Both AP and IAP are priced the same on the Aruba Pricelist.

I think the AP-335 is the last AP that had two different types, most current APs come as Unified AP which supports all the deployment modes.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Central supported APs

Posted May 03, 2021 10:10 PM
    You may convert them to IAP and work with central if your controller running ver 8.6 or later.  Please see link below. 

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_86_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/access-points/conv-ap-iap.htm

Asela Abhayapala