Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM / Ao8 Guest login redirect issues

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  CPPM / Ao8 Guest login redirect issues

Posted Nov 24, 2020 09:31 AM
    Hi,

I am currently in the process in configuring Clearpass Guest Captive portal Service

When I test the user device  (windows 10 laptop) the captive portal page presents itself

When valid user credentials are inserted into the captive portal page the page then re-directs to '/guest/guest_register.php'

There is no guest register created within CPPM guest so unsure why it redirect and and doesnt complete ( i do get a valida accpect in the clearpass tracker also)

I have tested my configuration  using the default cert on the controller and the 'secureweblogin present in the web login profile' - this works (with certificate errors of course)

​Any help would be greatly appreciated

David

------------------------------
    David Hurley

• 2.  RE: CPPM / Ao8 Guest login redirect issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2020 04:22 AM
    I would either contact your partner or Aruba Support to walk through the steps.

If you want to resolve it yourself, my first rescue tool is the developer tools in the browser. I use Firefox the most, but I know it is also available in Chrome and I think even in Edge and other browsers. In the developer tools, you can see in the Network tab what requests your browser is doing, and who or what is responding with what redirect or response. First find out what part of the process is broken, and work step by step through to a solution.

This page contains an overview of the most common issues that people have with guest captive portal.
    Also, I created some time ago this video to explain the guest process step-by-step and how to monitor/troubleshoot it.

Please be advised that not changing the certificate to a valid public trusted one, can result in all kinds of unexpected issues. It may even be that if you add a trusted certificate it suddenly starts to work. Depending on the client operating system, it may even block posting the credentials to prevent them from leaking out, so you may be chasing ghosts without a good certificate.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.