Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Forum to discuss the HPE Aruba Networking Edge Service Platform and all associated products and solutions for any type of IoT or IIoT application. Included are IoT technology partners (eg. EnOcean, Microsoft, and Zebra) and IIOT technology partners (eg. ABB and Siemens)
Expand all | Collapse all

I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

This thread has been viewed 50 times
  • 1.  I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

Posted Aug 18, 2020 04:52 PM

finding the details for a specific IoT sensor can be difficult with so many options available.

If you'll reply here with the type of IoT sensor you are looking for, we can use this space to help find more specific details and info for the sensors that work with the Aruba APs.  

examples might include, Occupancy sensors, temperature/Humidity sensors, flex desk sensors to know if a desk is occupied, door position sensors, service call buttons, etc.    

• 2.  RE: I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2020 04:37 PM

Looking for a sensor that can sit on oil and gas pipelines in a "slug detection"- type role, with the feedback connected through and Aruba outdoor wireless mesh solution.

• 3.  RE: I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

Posted Sep 09, 2020 12:03 PM

I did some research and find only wired slug detection sensors... I'll ask around a bit more and let you know if I find anything.  

• 4.  RE: I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2020 03:37 PM

Thank you!  Could you send me the wired versions? Maybe even bolt a Raspberry Pi with a WLAN NIC or something hacked together is an option.

• 5.  RE: I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

• 6.  RE: I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2021 01:53 PM
    Have you come across any enocean desk utilization sensor powered by contactless IR temperature sensor plus PIR sensor? I have seen many enocean PIR only. But prefer the accuracy of IR temperature detection + PIR over solely PIR.

------------------------------
    Sean Rynearson

• 7.  RE: I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

Posted Aug 10, 2021 12:11 PM
    Thanks a lot for this awesome information. But I really want to know is there any difference between the IIOT sensor and IoT sensor? I have checked and found the best ERP partner in Kolkata. Also, I want to know that can I use this IoT in ERP related things or not? If anyone knows anything please let me know. Thanks in advance.

John Owen

• 8.  RE: I need a specific IoT sensor, but don't know how to find it...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2021 08:14 PM
    Hi Owen,

IIOT sensors have a specific use case that is tailored to the industrial need.

Simply, Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) is a subset of the broader Internet of Things (IOT) which might cover all areas that are not necessarily industrial - such as consumer personal and/or home, retail and any other vertical or sub-group that might benefit from sensor generated data. It's my opinion that IOT encapsulates IIOT, but IIOT is sufficiently large and important enough (scale-wise, economy-wise, addressable-market wise) to address as it's own space (see below - Gartner agrees).

Gartner has brought out a Magic Quadrant for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Platforms.
    It may be worth considering what data from your business would be useful within ERP and then find the path to matching a particular IOT use case. The sensors or data streams you collect will be unique to your needs. Feel free to share any ideas you have and see if the community can help you align it to some available solutions.