View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 2540 how to trouble shoot VLAN routing

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba 2540 how to trouble shoot VLAN routing

Posted Feb 12, 2021 03:04 AM
    Hi All, 
    I have an old 3com, has problems, that is acting as a core switch that is able to route traffic between 12 Vlans and the internet. Connected to this are various other switches. I want to use a 2540 to replace the 3com but am really struggling with getting the 2540 to provide routing across vlans. I've configured all the vlans and their interface to match those of the 3com and enabled ip routing but when testing ie connecting the switch that has the idrac vlan I am unable to get a connection to any of the idracs from a windows PC cabled to a port on the aruba that is untagged in a different vlan.  I can't tell much from the Windows PC other than the ping fails and am not sure what troubleshooting steps to take on the 2540. Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Martin Rogers

• 2.  RE: Aruba 2540 how to trouble shoot VLAN routing

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 14, 2021 05:42 AM
    Hi Martin, can you post your configuration and topology? it's hard to understand what is your scenario (actual/desired).

Forgot to suggest you to (re)post your doubts/requests/issues on the Airheads Wired Intelligent Edge sub-forum otherwise you're at risk that your past post get unnoticed here in this particular part of the forum (don't ask me why).

Davide Poletto