Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

M3 mobility controller firmware

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  M3 mobility controller firmware

Posted Apr 19, 2021 04:35 PM
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to download ArubaOS 6.4.4.20 or newer without a support contract? I know there use to be a lifetime warranty page but that doesn't seem to be available any longer. I have an M3 controller I would like to upgrade that has permanent licenses installed but I have no way of obtaining the firmware. Is it possible to copy ArubaOS from one M3 controller to another? Any help would be much appreciated.

------------------------------
    Chris Zappile

• 2.  RE: M3 mobility controller firmware

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 20, 2021 04:46 AM
    Lastest firmware is 6.4.4.25_79899 and you need a active support contract to able to download it. Please contact your local Aruba Partner to assist you.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACMP | ACCP | ACDA | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: M3 mobility controller firmware

MVP
    Posted Apr 20, 2021 07:33 AM
    There was a Limited Lifetime warranty for access point hardware but never for the M3 controller as far as I am aware. If the M3 did have limited lifetime warranty it would only be for the hardware anyway and the expected lifetime for the M3 expired August 31, 2020.

We started with M3 controllers back in 2008 and kept a valid support contract to get expedited hardware and software support. 

I know this may not apply but here is their current definition of "limited lifetime"

For products purchased after December 1, 2015, the warranty extends only for as long as the original end user owns the product and is limited to five (5) years from the end of sale date.

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer