Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Android s21 running Android 11 keeps losing certificate after Onboarding

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Android s21 running Android 11 keeps losing certificate after Onboarding

Posted Apr 08, 2021 04:31 PM
    I have an Android S21 runing Android 11 that has been onboarded 3 times now in the past six weeks.  During the onboard process everything appears to work fine and the phone will be able to connect to my corporate wireless without any issues.  Then after a couple of days or a week it will all of a sudden act like it doesn't have the certificate anymore and need to be re-onboarded.  If I check my Clearpass server it still has an active cert.  I am not sure what is going on.

------------------------------
    Kevin

• 2.  RE: Android s21 running Android 11 keeps losing certificate after Onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2021 03:47 AM
    Please work with Aruba TAC Support. I see several cases that were solved, but not the issue of 'forgetting the configuration'.

Few things that do come up in general (it may help others reading this topic):
    - Android 11 does not support 'do not validate server certificate', so go for dual-SSID OnBoarding. For example through your guest network.
    - What seems to help in many cases is to validate the following 3: Check that a passcode is set; Check the GPS is enabled; Check that screen autorotation is enabled. (Don't know why, but it seems to solve cases).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Android s21 running Android 11 keeps losing certificate after Onboarding

Posted Jun 29, 2021 01:54 PM
    Have you made any headway on this? I have several reports from Samsung users with the same experience. They indicate no changes on the device were made.

I don't see similar issues with non-Samsung devices.

TJ McClintic

• 4.  RE: Android s21 running Android 11 keeps losing certificate after Onboarding

Posted Jun 29, 2021 03:23 PM

I did recently upgrade my environment from 8.6.0.6 to 8.6.0.9 and that seems to have slowed the issue where it's not occurring at frequently but I have had a device that needed to be re-onboarded even with a valid cert.  The 8.6.0.9 release notes does say it explicitly supports android 11.  I haven't been able to verify with Aruba though about this being a known issue.

• 5.  RE: Android s21 running Android 11 keeps losing certificate after Onboarding

Posted Jun 30, 2021 10:52 AM
    Same issue on Google Pixel 4a

kz w

• 6.  RE: Android s21 running Android 11 keeps losing certificate after Onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2021 11:04 AM
    All, please open a support case if you experience this issue.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.