Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Controller 7205 - Internal Captive Portal with email registration

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Aruba Controller 7205 - Internal Captive Portal with email registration

Posted Jan 20, 2022 10:29 AM
    Can you help me with Aruba Controller 7205 and internal captive portal ?
    According to our documentation, there is option to use internal captive portal with email registration for guest SSID network.

My question: Where are stored emails encoded during authentication ?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Jérémy Spote

• 2.  RE: Aruba Controller 7205 - Internal Captive Portal with email registration

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 20, 2022 10:48 AM
    They would be in the Internal Server database (Authentication > Auth Servers > Internal )

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer
    Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Aruba Controller 7205 - Internal Captive Portal with email registration

Posted Jan 24, 2022 08:23 AM
    Hi,

In "Guest user page", I only see authentication via a login/password (when "user login" is checked in Captive Portal Profile)

When "Guest login" is checked (just email request), I have no trace.

My settings:

Do you have an idea ?

Jérémy Spote

• 4.  RE: Aruba Controller 7205 - Internal Captive Portal with email registration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2022 03:34 AM
    I don't think for the controller internal 'guest authentication' that the email addresses are stored anywhere. They are not validated either. They might end up in the logs in best case. Haven't used that feature for a long time.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.