Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP93 Cluster - WPA2-Enterprise Not working after FW upgrade

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  IAP93 Cluster - WPA2-Enterprise Not working after FW upgrade

Posted Jul 17, 2021 02:18 AM
    Hi,
    In our campus we are having IAP93 cluster. Recently upgraded the FW to 6.4.2.6-4.1.36_65140
    After upgradation the WPA2-Enterpise is not working. The SSID with PSK is only working.
    The AP time shows the time as year 2000. Even after the changing the NTP server it was updated the current timings.
    Checking new version shows the message as "Received No response from server"
    How to resolve the issue?

------------------------------
    THIRUNAVUKKARASU P

• 2.  RE: IAP93 Cluster - WPA2-Enterprise Not working after FW upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2021 07:27 AM
    WPA2 Enterprise with external RADIUS server (and no EAP Termination), should not be dependent on the time of the AP. If NTP does not work, you can temporarily set the clock manually to the correct time and see if that resolves the issue.

The latest firmware for the IAP-93 is 4.1.3.7 (and there is a 6.4.4.8-4.2.4.19_80086 for the Orion platform which the IAP-93 is, but it seems that IAP93 only goes up to 4.1). If you have access to it (asp.arubanetworks.com), it may be good to try upgrading to that version.

Note, these APs are end-of-life and end-of-support; and for non-lab deployments, you should consider upgrading to newer and supported APs.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: IAP93 Cluster - WPA2-Enterprise Not working after FW upgrade

Posted Jul 24, 2021 04:00 AM
    Hi Herman,
    After upgradation only the WPA-Enterprise is not working. Before that it was fine. I am having account in SSP, but not having any active contract to download the FW. EAP termination is disabled in the SSID​. 
    In my view FW 6.4.2.6-4.1.36_65140 is not the IAP93
    Regards,

THIRUNAVUKKARASU P

• 4.  RE: IAP93 Cluster - WPA2-Enterprise Not working after FW upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2021 06:19 AM
    I tested with my own account that is not registered to Aruba and does not have an active Instant contract, and I can download Instant firmware with that from asp.arubanetworks.com.

Do you have registered your account to a 'business e-mail'? Public domains, like gmail, hotmail are not allowed for ASP.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.