Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-335 JW801A Model:APIN0335

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  AP-335 JW801A Model:APIN0335

Posted Apr 30, 2021 10:43 AM

We had bought back in 2019 an Aruba AP-335; Model APIN0335, P/N JW801A that has remained stock in a warehouse for 2 years.

Now we want to use it for a small office but found that this version is different from IAP-335 and we can't use it controller-less as Instant mode. On support site can't find a firmware to download for this (JW801A), only some documentation. Can anyone help with an image or a way to convert it?
    I have console access to the device and since this has a campus firmware it tries to find the controller and goes on boot-loops.
    I tried to boot using tftp some images of Instant like ArubaInstant_Lupus_8.7.1.0_77203 but with no success.
    Does anyone know a way to use this AP without a controller. This is a brand new AP and I would like to put it on production.

------------------------------
    Emirjon

• 2.  RE: AP-335 JW801A Model:APIN0335

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 30, 2021 10:43 PM
    next to the console port, there is a small hole, thats the reset button.
    hold it down with a pin  and power up the AP while reset button is pressed.
    hold it for 10 sec. then when it boots up and cant find the controller, it will be an IAP which you then can upgrade with that version.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AP-335 JW801A Model:APIN0335

Posted May 04, 2021 02:44 AM
    This AP was still on the box, it hasn't been part of any network before.
    I did a reset but still no changes.
    Can you share a valid Instant software name so I can download it from aruba portal for this specific hardware?

Emirjon

• 4.  RE: AP-335 JW801A Model:APIN0335

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2021 09:36 AM
    The JW801A is an AP-335, not an IAP-335.

AP models require a controller to operate and cannot run Instant software.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.