Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP 315

This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP 315

Posted Nov 18, 2020 09:39 PM
    Can't get it to reset. I hold the reset button, disconnect power and than reconnect the power. When I try to use the "admin" for user and password, it says wrong user password. I received this used and wish to connect it to my Fortinet 80E. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

------------------------------
    Ronald Lonnborg Jr

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP 315

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2020 03:55 AM
    Recent versions of Instant (I think 8.5 and up) will use the AP serial number as the initial password. Can you try that?

If you have multiple factory default APs online, any of the AP serial numbers would work.

After the initial login, you are asked to set your own password.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP 315

Posted Nov 19, 2020 12:21 PM
    I tried that as well. Still would go into configuration screen. 

Ron Lonnborg Jr.
    (228) 234-4811
    Gulfport, MS.

• 4.  RE: Aruba AP 315

Posted Nov 21, 2020 06:07 PM
    OK, I have connected it using putty. Perform
    factory_reset
    purgeenv
    saveenv
    boot

Still not able to get access to AP configuration. Says "Login failed. Please enter Username & Password."

I am using
    user name = admin
    password = SERIALNUMBER

Ronald Lonnborg Jr

• 5.  RE: Aruba AP 315

Posted Nov 21, 2020 06:14 PM
    About to throw it in the Garbage Can :)

Ronald Lonnborg Jr

• 6.  RE: Aruba AP 315

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2020 07:15 AM
    Could it be that this AP is 'second hand' and is registered for some type of management like Central or Airwave by the previous owner? In that case, if the AP can connect to the internet it will be zero-touch provisioned and pushed with configuration including an admin password.

If you have the option to connect the AP where it can get an IP address, but does not have access to the internet, you could check that out. If that lets you in, you could ask the previous owner to release the AP from their management.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.