SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

VPNC for inbound NAT

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  VPNC for inbound NAT

Posted Jan 21, 2021 09:21 AM
    If customer wanted to host a public accessible webserver behind the VPNC, I htink it will work if
    1. using destination NAT policy - user hitting VPNC public IP on a particular port, this will be Dst-NAT to the webserver
    2. have a public IP DMZ hosted by VPNC - user hit the public IP of the webserver, routed through and allowed in policy by the VPNC, the DMZ is just a separate internal network with public IP

I am not sure if VPNC can do inbound NAT like a typical Cisco/Juniper/etc firewall where a public IP is translated to private IP?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Kenneth Tan

• 2.  RE: VPNC for inbound NAT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2021 05:11 PM
    yes this is supported. obviously you need to have a separate pub IP address for that server that you want to do 1:1 NAT

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: VPNC for inbound NAT

Posted Jan 21, 2021 05:17 PM
    Thanks Ariya, do I need to turn on proxy local ARP if I want to use 1:1 NAT?

Kenneth Tan

• 4.  RE: VPNC for inbound NAT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2021 05:34 PM
    not to the best of my knowledge. but first test it without it and see

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: VPNC for inbound NAT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2021 07:11 AM
    Hi Kenneth,

I have a branch gateway running in my home lab as my ISP router and have the need to forward some ports to internal resources. 
    just check my blog post about it:

https://www.flomain.de/2020/01/port-forwarding-with-sd-branch/

BR
    Florian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Florian Baaske
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    Also visit the AirHeads Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ
    Feel free to visit my personal Blog
    https://www.flomain.de

• 6.  RE: VPNC for inbound NAT

Posted Jan 24, 2021 11:23 PM
    If the public (it's not gateway interface IP) to private IP mapping is defined under Central - Devices - Gateway - Interface- Pool Management - Static 1:1 NAT, do I need need Dst-NAT in firewall policies, or just permit would do?

Kenneth Tan

• 7.  RE: VPNC for inbound NAT

Posted Jan 27, 2021 07:45 AM
    Just tested with 1:1 NAT defined, only permit is required in policies, dst-nat is no longer required.

Kenneth Tan