Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple VLANs using AP387 bridge with controllers on AOS 8.7

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Multiple VLANs using AP387 bridge with controllers on AOS 8.7

Posted Mar 03, 2021 10:26 AM
    I am trying to figure out how to use 2 AP387s to work with trunk ports on both sides of the wireless bridge so I can tag multiple vlans.

Currently I have 2 AP387s communicating through a wireless bridge but on access mode.
    Finding documentation on this seems to be difficult.

In our environment we have 2 Mobility Masters and 2 Mobility Controllers that are clustered.
    We are currently running AOS 8.7.1.1.

------------------------------
    Jim Van Scoyk

• 2.  RE: Multiple VLANs using AP387 bridge with controllers on AOS 8.7

Posted Mar 04, 2021 08:16 AM

Are you attempting trying to bridge this traffic, or tunnel it back to the controllers?

Configuration wise there isn't anything special about the 387s (besides configuring the 60GHz radio), so you should be able to follow any mesh guide you find. You'll just need to set the enet ports to be trunks, and set the mesh-link profile to allow multiple VLANs.

I can share some examples of our config, it will just depend if you are tunneling or bridging

Christopher Wickline

• 3.  RE: Multiple VLANs using AP387 bridge with controllers on AOS 8.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2021 02:27 PM
    Attached are some simplified guides, but what is important in all cases is that if you define the native VLAN as something other than VLAN 1, you just need to specify in the system profile for that AP group what the native VLAN is. Then if you bridge, you have to make sure the portal and point are configured the same (same trunk VLANs and same native on both sides). If you tunnel, then you just have to make sure the VLANs you're carrying are tagged on the gateway.

Jerrod Howard