Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba VIA VPN on MacOS BigSur

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  Aruba VIA VPN on MacOS BigSur

Posted Nov 15, 2020 09:49 AM
    Anyone using Aruba VIA that also recently upgraded to MacOS BigSur? Issues? feedback? should I do it?

------------------------------
    Daniel Tudares

• 2.  RE: Aruba VIA VPN on MacOS BigSur

Posted Nov 24, 2020 08:41 PM
    Doubt it. My inbox is full of email from software vendors saying "don't upgrade to BigSur yet"

Ben Carbery

• 3.  RE: Aruba VIA VPN on MacOS BigSur

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2020 03:10 AM
    I haven't seen an official statement on this topic. One of my colleagues tested VIA on MacOS Big Sur and that worked for him.

From your question it is not clear what you want to do with the answer. If you think about upgrading large number of systems with business-critical use of VIA, I would work with Aruba support to get an official statement on the 'supported' status.

That same colleague had some issues which required Apple Support to wipe and re-install his Macbook after the upgrade to make the device stable again. After that, it seems to work all fine. It may be wise to wait for some more time to upgrade a 'production laptop' if you don't need to now. This seems to also align with the previous response.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.

• 4.  RE: Aruba VIA VPN on MacOS BigSur

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2020 10:07 AM
    Current releases of VIA (4.0.2) have been tested on Big Sur without issue.  Note that we are relying on the Rosetta functionality currently for M1 based CPUs until we are able to fully test and release a native version.

Bryan Lechner