Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

airwave nms config,airwave mm client numbers not same

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  airwave nms config,airwave mm client numbers not same

Posted Dec 21, 2020 01:57 AM

hi  all

I configured the nms server and selected it in the trigger, but the nms server cannot receive any messages. How can I troubleshoot this? The airwave version is 8.2.10.1, and the number of my airwave and mm clients is inconsistent.

• 2.  RE: airwave nms config,airwave mm client numbers not same
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2021 10:27 AM
    Does Airwave added as management server in MM controller? Client data update in Airwave using AMON protocol and we need to add server as management server in controller for clients to get updated.

Does triggered generated in Airwave ? If yes, we need to take tcpdump packet capture on destination server IP from AMPCLI during the time when airwave generating trigger.

If Airwave generated trigger but not seeing in packet capture then it is a bug. I would recommend to upgrade to latest code and check once.

------------------------------
    Pavan Arshewar

• 3.  RE: airwave nms config,airwave mm client numbers not same

Posted Feb 21, 2021 08:40 PM
    Thank you very much for your reply. The captured packet sent by amp can be seen, but nms cannot receive it. I consulted tac and the problem has not been resolved.

leo ma
    Work hours: 9:00 PM to 6:00 AM GMT (+8) | Monday - Friday

SE
    FOLLOW CN | Twitter | LinkedIn

• 4.  RE: airwave nms config,airwave mm client numbers not same

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2021 11:40 AM
    In packet capture if we are seeing Airwave forwarding event to external NMS server then you need to check your network for any port block?

We can take packet capture on NMS server for Airwave IP and see if you are seeing any traffic to narrow down network issue.

Pavan Arshewar
    Principal Network Engineer

If my post addresses your query, give kudos!