Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Forum to discuss the HPE Aruba Networking Edge Service Platform and all associated products and solutions for any type of IoT or IIoT application. Included are IoT technology partners (eg. EnOcean, Microsoft, and Zebra) and IIOT technology partners (eg. ABB and Siemens)
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Cental Clients only shows MAC address

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Aruba Cental Clients only shows MAC address

Posted Mar 04, 2022 10:47 AM
    Hello,

I've been searching around for answers on this, and wanted to reach out to the community first to see if anyone else sees this.  We are currently using Aruba Central cloud and on prem ClearPass Policy Manager.

On site I am using an ArubaOS-CX 6200 with downloadable user roles from CPPM.  After a client has dot1x authed with CPPM, the client only shows the mac address in Aruba Central and not the username/hostname of the dot1x authed device.  At other sites which have an ArubaOS 2930F, we can see username/hostname in Aruba Central with out issues.

So I'm not sure if there is a config on the CX line that is needed to show this information in Central, or if it's just a current limitation of the CX line in Central.

Thanks,

Jeremy

------------------------------
    Jeremy Lasher
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Aruba Cental Clients only shows MAC address

Posted Aug 23, 2022 05:29 AM
    Hello, jeremy.lasher

By default, the Clients page displays a unified list of all clients for the selected group. The list of clients is populated for a time range of 3 hours. To view the list of clients for a different time range, click the Time Range Filter and select the required time period. Total data usage for the selected time period is displayed above the client summary bar. My Centura Health Login Page

Thanks,
    Garr