Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Infrastructure as Code (IaC) - Aruba Switch

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Infrastructure as Code (IaC) - Aruba Switch

Posted Jan 19, 2022 10:38 AM

I purchased about a year ago a

S2500-48P-4x10G

I need the 10Gb for vSAN and 1Gb for other things and POE for my Raspberry Pi units.

My main issue though is that Ansible and automation of configuration does not work with this older switch.  The last NOS version is 

7.4.1.12 (build 72393 / label #72393)

I am considering purchasing  S3500-48p +SFP IO module as replacment.  I am on limited budget as this is home lab.   HPe's website lists not much in way of help for this switch
    Document - Aruba S3500 Series Switches - Overview | HPE Support

No firmware
    Product Detail - Aruba S3500- 48T 48p Switch | HPE Support

And ansible lists required NOS level 
    Ansible Galaxy

• For AOS-Switch firmware version 16.08 and above is supported
    • Minimum supported AOS-CX firmware version 10.04.

Within this context.
    1) What is the latest version of AOS or AOS-CX firmware for the aruba S3500-48P
    2) Could I move the SFP module over from my 2500 to the 3500 if I can get a S3500-48P
    3) Where can I get latest firmware download of the switch .. which would hopefully then tell me if I can get IaC ansible module level supported version

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Jeremey Wise

• 2.  RE: Infrastructure as Code (IaC) - Aruba Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2022 04:27 AM
    The S3500 is a 'legacy Aruba switch a.k.a. Mobility Access Switch (MAS)' as well, same as S2500 (and the S1500), also end-of-life/end-of-support. That will not help you with Ansible.

You may try to get your hands on a 2930F, which has built-in 10G SFP+ ports and some models have PoE+ and can run ArubaOS 16.08 or up. The CX-Switches may be harder to find in the second-hand market.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.