Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP303H reboots itself after some time if it loses the wired connections

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  AP303H reboots itself after some time if it loses the wired connections

Posted May 07, 2021 09:30 AM
    Hi all, I have a question: I've noticed that the AP303H reboots itself after some time if it loses the wired connections (maybe just the uplink?).

Could it be an expected behaviour? If so, can it be overriden?

This is the first time that I've worked with APs not powered by PoE so I hadn't seen this before.

I got this CLI output:

Aruba Central says: LAST REBOOT REASON
    Network disconnect

CLI says: AP uptime is 2 days 18 hours 13 minutes 22 seconds
    Reboot Time and Cause: AP rebooted Fri Mar 5 01:18:44 UTC 2021; System cmd at uptime 0D 0H 6M 21S: Internet connection lost

So far I'm not sure if the AP303Hs reboot because the lose the wired connection at L1 (bad cable, accidental disconnection, ISP gateway/modem failure) or because it cannot reach the Internet (ISP problem but the modem is still turned on).

I have worked before with AP515s (PoE+ powered, also managed by Central) and they do not enter a reboot cycle when they have lost connectivity to the Internet.

Thanks in advance for your time and replies

------------------------------
    Abdel Castro Perpuli

• 2.  RE: AP303H reboots itself after some time if it loses the wired connections

Posted May 11, 2021 02:42 AM
    yes generally if the IAPs does not have an uplink, it will reboot.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.