SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

BGW 9012 Configuration

This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  BGW 9012 Configuration

Posted Jun 17, 2021 01:18 PM
    Hi All,

I have 2 brand new aruba 9012 BGW, i want to know can i run this with MPLS line and internet terminating on each gateway and then configure them on HA.
    I have been told to do the initial configuration for now,but can anyone clarify if this setup is possible or not? Aruba central is yet to be setup.

------------------------------
    rajat gon

• 2.  RE: BGW 9012 Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2021 07:09 PM
    note that the branch gateways (BGW) will not get involve in the MPLS operation, you can connect the MPLS link to the BGW and it will be treated like another uplink with valid IP address and route. then it is upto the upstream MPLS router.

Please refer to this deployment guide
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/AVD_SD-Branch-Design.pdf

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: BGW 9012 Configuration

Posted Jun 21, 2021 10:08 PM
    Thanks ,that help.
    I am new to this platform-could you share a step by step configuration guide for Dual gateway deployment (9012) and procedure .
    How exactly MPLS and internet be terminated on each BGW and we can put BGW's in HA mode

rajat gon

• 4.  RE: BGW 9012 Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2021 10:29 PM
    Please refer to this deployment guide link that i sent earlier.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: BGW 9012 Configuration

Posted Jun 30, 2021 10:51 AM

I'm using aruba at work using IAP's with a central subscription. Being the techy person I am I also wanted to swap out my home wifi for Aruba. Helps me to learn and get more antiquated to the solution.

I noticed the IAP's are a lot more costly than the controller based AP's in the used market. I don't have any experience with aruba controllers. Is it cost effective to get one so I can run some of the controller based models? Is there a subscription etc? I need 4 AP's

official website
    Stiedemann Hulda

• 6.  RE: BGW 9012 Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2021 07:15 PM
    The Instant APs and the controller based AP are exactly the same price. there are the same hardware but they run different firmware.
    please contact your local Aruba representative to discuss it further.